Friday, July 6, 2012

Movie Review: The Bear and the Bow...I mean, Brave

Let's talk about Pixar's first attempt at a princess movie - the genre that put their parent company on the map and has more than once pulled Disney out of animated slumps.

I haven't met a Pixar movie that I didn't like, and Brave is no exception.  That said, it didn't blow me away like I was expecting.  Maybe I've placed Pixar on too high a pedestal - I don't know.  It was by no means a bad movie, I would recommend it to anyone.

It was visually beautiful, the story was good, the music was phenomenal (I bought the soundtrack).

But there was something about the movie that left me a little wanting and I can't quite put my finger on it.  My wife suggests that perhaps it's because the movie is a story mother-daughter coming together story and that doesn't resonate with me.  True enough.

The story is not geared solely towards girls though, there is plenty there to appeal to boys as well.

At the end of the day a bad Pixar movie is still a good movie and, while it may not be Pixar's best, it's far from being bad.

What did you think of the movie? Have you experienced either of the Brave related attractions in the parks (the story and meet and greet at the MK or the Highland Games Tournament at Epcot)?

No comments:

Post a Comment