Monday, May 7, 2012

Movie Review: The Avengers

If the 200 million that this movie racked up in three days doesn't tell you anything, then allow me - this movie is one of the best movies that I've seen in a while.

Back in 2008, Marvel surprised audiences by teasing them with what Nick Fury called "The Avengers Initiative.". For the next four years, Marvel slowly began building upon this world that they had created with movies like The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America.

All of this has been leading up to this past weekend when we finally got to see all of our favorite characters together for the first time on the big screen. The actors are very familiar with their characters at this point (even the new comer, Ruffalo) and the clashing of egos and personalities is well done.

The action is very intense but not gruesome. And, overall, the movie is funny. The Avengers is by no means a comedy, but I've had multiple people tell me that they missed some of the dialogue because the entire theater was laughing.

The acting was great, the special effects were great, the story was great. I have to agree with many other reviewers out there who can't find a fault I this movie (well, ok, I can find a fault, but I can't tell you what it is because it would be a big spoiler).

 Have you seen the movie yet? What did you think? How can The Avengers be incorporated I to the Disney Parks?

No comments:

Post a Comment