Monday, April 23, 2012

Photopass +

Disney announced recently a new, updated version to their Photopass system.

If you're not familiar with Photopass, basically, whenever a Cast Member takes a picture of your group (in front of Cinderella Castle for example) they will give you a card that they scanned with that photo's information on it.  You can then hand your card to any other Cast Member photographers that you see throughout the day and add to your Photopass album.

I'm don't fully understand the difference between the old Photopass and Photopass +, but it seems to be that the plus includes certain ride photos and dinner photos.  Again, I don't fully understand it because on our honeymoon, my wife and I were able to get our Test Track photo on the Photopass card, but maybe they were testing it out at the time.

After I heard about the new system and how it includes not only photos by Cast Members, but rides and dinners as well, I thought about how this could be beneficial to the trip that we're taking in the Fall with our friends.

The cost for the new Photopass is roughly $200 and since we have somewhere between 8 and 10 people going on the trip, that means somewhere between $20 and $25 a person.  This seems like a pretty good deal.  We'd be able to get a lot of group shots (instead of either a)somebody standing behind the camera and not in the photo or b)giving our camera to a stranger) as well as all of the ride photos.

Instead of having to pick and choose which ones we want, we could get them all on a CD for a relatively good price.

If it was just my wife and I, or if we were just planning on visiting one park, I don't think this would be worth the money, but because of the size of the group and because we plan on visiting all four parks - I think this is worth looking into.

What do you think about the new Photopass +?  Would you use it?

No comments:

Post a Comment