Monday, April 16, 2012

Night Rider


You may think that it doesn't matter what time of day you ride the rides at Disney. That the ride stays the same morning, noon and night.

My 10-year-old self would tell you differently. As we approached the Haunted Mansion, I told my dad, "I don't want to ride this ride when it's dark. We'll be back tomorrow, we can ride it then."

After dark - everything changes.

Well, maybe not everything, but for certain rides, the experience changes dramatically from day to night. How much more intimidating is that haunted hotel looming in the distance surrounded by darkness?

That final drop on Splash Mountain can seem to last forever when you can't see the briar patch you're plummeting towards.

Next door, at Big Thunder Mountain, there is a completely new scene that you pass by at night. Seems the sleepy little town livens up after the sun goes down.

Both the Astro Orbiter and Dumbo give you beautiful views of the park during the day - how much more so at night?

And a leisurely ride on the TTA at sunset affords a wonderful view of Tomorrowland.

What other rides or attractions seem to change from day to night?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried this ride on my first Disney World Vacation but I need to try it the next time. Can't wait on it anymore.

    ReplyDelete