Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Music Review: Walt Disney World Band


Disney, as a company, is known for memorable music and the theme parks are no exception.

I can't even mention "It's A Small World" to you without it getting stuck in your head for the rest of the day (Sorry about that, by the way).

In recent years, Disney has realized that many of us would love to have these songs at home where we can listen to them and relive those memories whenever we want. The WDW Band CD is one of those realizations.

It is an interesting CD to release because a large portion of the songs are not Disney related and the ones that are related to Disney are older, less well known songs like the Mickey Mouse March and 'Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?"

As someone who didn't grow up with the Mickey Mouse Club or the Three Little Pigs and was never in the band, I wasn't sure that I would enjoy this CD.

Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised overall. The most important thing, I think, is that it transported me back to Main St. The style itself, but also the song selection were big factors in taking me back in time. Had the songs been from the more contemporary movies like Aladdin or Enchanted, I wouldn't get the feeling of being in a small town at the turn of the century.

If you enjoy older Disney classics, marching bands or you just want to go back in time and revisit Main St., this is a CD worth listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment