Monday, March 26, 2012

On Flexibility and Planning Ahead

At our first meeting, I asked my friends which rides and attractions they most wanted to experience. I wanted to get a plan ready for our trip so we didn't waste time deciding what to do next.

One of the responses I got was, "Isn't part of the magic slowing down and not rushing around?"

My response: "If we're standing around admiring some details or hidden magic, that's one thing, but if we're standing around because we can't decide what to do next, we're wasting time."

We all know that Disney isn't cheap and I want you (and myself) to make the most of the short time we have in the parks.

So, I want to make a plan for us, especially because most in the group haven't been to the World ever, or for a long time.

I'm not going to give you my plan for two reasons: 1) I'm still working on it (our trip is planned for the Fall) and 2) My situation may different than yours. I'm encouraging you to plan ahead, not to do what I do.

I'm also encouraging you to be flexible. Something may catch someone in your party's eye that isn't on your schedule. Go with it. On our honeymoon, we walked by Peter Pan's Flights and my wife asked if we could ride it. When we talked about the trip before our wedding, it wasn't one she was interested in, but in the moment, she changed her mind.

So, we rode it. We still got to do everything we wanted to do that day, so it didn't really take anything away from our trip - it only enhanced it.

Do you plan ahead for your trips or do you go with the flow?

No comments:

Post a Comment