Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Movies to Watch - Future World

The trip with my friends in the fall will actually be the second trip to Disney that my wife and I have planned. The first trip is this summer with my parents and brother.

We are planning on spending some time at Epcot so I figured that I would take some time to make a list of the movies that relate (both directly and indirectly) to the park.

First up: Future World

Animated Movies -
Finding Nemo (This is fairly obvious since there is a pavilion called "The Seas with Nemo and Friends")

Live Action Movies -
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Captain America (These movies, especially the second two, make reference to "Stark Expo" which is a clear reference to the World's Fair, of which Future World takes its inspiration from as well.)*

The Cat From Outer Space (My wife suggested this one because of its Sci-Fi nature and because it was one of her favorites as a kid)
Tron
Tron: Legacy (Again, no direct correlation to Future World except for its Sci-Fi nature. However, *Fun Fact* - There were plans for a Flynn's Arcade to open in Future World at one point)

*(The Avengers movies aren't technically Disney in that they weren't made by Disney, but they are technically Disney in that Marvel Studios is owned by Disney)

No comments:

Post a Comment