Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Honeymoon

(Normally, I will have a game or a comic or something lighter but since I'm still building the foundation, I thought that I'd make an exception this week)

When I found out that my fiancĂ© had never been to a Disney park, I knew exactly where we would be going on our honeymoon. She was a little hesitant at first because, let’s be honest, Disney parks are not known for being cheap and well, we are, but I was eventually able to curb her hesitations and even get her excited about the trip.

I spent weeks planning and re-planning our trip. Then I found out that we would be down there for one of the Star Wars Weekends, so I changed everything around again.

For three weeks before our wedding, we watched a different Disney movie every night. Ambitious? Yes. Worth it? You bet.

My favorite part of the trip was getting her hooked on Disney World too. I remember us walking by Peter Pan’s Flight and her asking me “Can we go on that ride?” It wasn’t on our itinerary but I could see it in her eyes. That sparkle that said, “I love this place.” Also, I figured it was best to start our marriage out right by not refusing my wife something that she wanted.

This was also the first trip that I took without my parents which was an odd feeling. They usually let my brother and I decide what to do while we were there, but they were still, ultimately, in charge. Now I was the one in charge and, to be honest, it kind of intimidated me. I wanted my new wife to have the best first experience at Disney World possible.

Did I mention that I left our tickets at home, which was roughly eight hours away? We spent a large portion of our first morning there running around trying to get new tickets and parking passes. Unfortunately that plus the fact that we weren’t smart enough to get fastpasses for Soarin’ meant that we kind of rushed through Epcot. To this day I don’t feel like my wife (or myself really) has had a real experience at Epcot.

Another fun thing we did was to take video of us in the parks (my favorite was one we did on the Mad Tea Party) to give updates to our friends via our joint blog.

While our trip was a lot of fun and there is very little that I would change about it, my favorite memory right now of my wife and I at Disney World actually happened on our second trip. I’ll save that story for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment